Wednesday, October 31, 2018

A Walk Through the Leaves...

I was running errands yesterday when I was hit with an urgent need to go for a walk.
This is significant for one particular reason...
I haven't taken a solo walk outside since my dad died.
I don't know why.
I've walked plenty with Alex but not alone.
So yesterday I couldn't get home fast enough to grab my ear buds and take off down the trail.
It was glorious.
Fall was showing off.
The weather was PERFECTION.
Not sunny, not raining...damp but not cold...perfect fall weather.
The leaves were ankle deep in places.
And there were mushrooms...
I love mushrooms.
They're so delicate.
So fragile...
But they have strength to push through the weight of the damp leaves.
                                           


Leaves let go of the trees in front of me, twirling to the trail.
I stopped to watch them.
Letting go.
Letting go so new life can grow in their place.
For a long while, I was all alone...me and my music.
Praising God for His beautiful world.
Reflecting on the past year...
Realizing that everything was fine...
Really good.
Even though...

And I'm thankful for the journey of life,
The changing seasons,
And solo walks through leaves.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creativity...

I've been thinking a lot about creativity lately. About inspiration, style, perfection and the beauty of imperfection. I began a journey...