Monday, September 3, 2018

One Year Ago...


It's been a year since my dad went to Glory.
A long year of massive change.
There's no preventing the loss of loved ones.
Death is a guarantee of life.
It's the way LIFE works.
And during this year, I've grown closer to my Heavenly Father.
That's a worthy exchange...not easy, but precious.

Much has happened during this year that would have made my dad so proud.
Our family celebrated many successes and even a new little addition who shares his name.
With every celebration I felt the joy my dad would have expressed.
His physical body may be gone, but his essence remains.
In that, I find comfort.

God's kindness and comfort is lavished on those who grieve.
Isaiah 41:10 - Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.
This has been the most precious thing to know.
God does not want me to be stuck in sadness.
In the midst of grief, He brings joy.
Joy in the memories that come to mind every day.
Joy in my one precious life that keeps on going...
Joy in the promise of eternal life.

So...today I remember my dad and the day he went home.
I know I'll miss him for the rest of my life.
But I feel a lightness to this milestone.
This year was something to get through...all the firsts without him.
Time has softened the ache and calmed the crashing waves of grief.
And I'm thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creativity...

I've been thinking a lot about creativity lately. About inspiration, style, perfection and the beauty of imperfection. I began a journey...