- There is a song that I cannot sing without tearing up.
- I hear the refrain and I think, oh no, here we go...
- Sure enough, my eyes fill with tears and I struggle to sing.
- I want to sing, I want to fill my lungs with the melody of this beautiful anthem to my Savior's faithfulness.
- But it takes a minute to pull myself together...
- ’Tis so sweet to trust in Jesus,
Just to take Him at His Word;
Just to rest upon His promise,
And to know, “Thus saith the Lord!”
Jesus, Jesus, how I trust Him!
How I’ve proved Him o’er and o’er;
Jesus, Jesus, precious Jesus!
Oh, for grace to trust Him more!
- Oh, how sweet to trust in Jesus,
Just to trust His cleansing blood;
And in simple faith to plunge me
’Neath the healing, cleansing flood!
- Yes, ’tis sweet to trust in Jesus,
Just from sin and self to cease;
Just from Jesus simply taking
Life and rest, and joy and peace.
- I’m so glad I learned to trust Thee,
Precious Jesus, Savior, Friend;
And I know that Thou art with me,
Wilt be with me to the end.
Why does this song affect me so?
Because it has been played out in my life over and over.
It is so sweet to trust in Jesus.
I can take Him at His word.
I can rest upon His promise.
I do know "Thus saith the Lord!"
And I know that He is with me.
He will be with me to the end.
As a mom, this song is even more precious as I apply it to my children.
All three of my kids are embarking on big, awesome, life-altering endeavors.
My son has started Physician's Assistant school...
My daughter and her husband have started thru hiking the Pacific Crest Trail...
My youngest daughter is finishing college next week with the desire to make ministry her life.
All four of them belong to Jesus...and I can trust Him.
And now I'm tearing up because it is so sweet to trust in Jesus.
Oh for grace to trust Him more!